Meet Dr. Hoberman
Meet the Creator of EndoMune Advanced Probiotic
Gastroenterologist Dr. Hoberman
Dr. Lawrence J. Hoberman is an expert in probiotics and digestive health issues. With his 40-plus year career in medicine, he has extensive first-hand experience treating a variety of health issues and has seen the dramatic results probiotics have on his own patients.
- Board-Certified Gastroenterologist
- Creator of EndoMune Advanced Probiotic, EndoMune Advanced Junior, and EndoMune Metabolic Rescue
- Public speaker
- Expert on probiotics
Born in Omaha, Nebraska, Dr. Hoberman developed a strong interest in medicine during high school, knowing he would one day become a doctor. After graduating from the University of Nebraska, he completed medical school at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine, and an internship at Indiana University Medical Center. His residency was interrupted when the U.S. Air Force recruited him to be a flight surgeon, which led to Aerospace Medicine training at Brook Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
After completing his tour of duty, Dr. Hoberman resumed his internal medicine residency at Wilford Hall Medical Center in San Antonio and later entered a two-year gastroenterology fellowship at Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. Following the fellowship and completing a year of active duty on the teaching faculty at Wilford Hall, he entered the private practice of gastroenterology in San Antonio. After 25 years treating patients as a gastroenterologist, he chose to enter the field of preventative medicine at Health by Design as Associate Director of Executive Exams.
Dr. Hoberman developed a holistic approach to medicine, becoming interested in the importance of the intestinal bacteria or microbiome for intestinal health and function. Frustrated by the lack of options to treat his patients suffering from Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD), he met with a PhD microbiologist to identify a combination of bacteria that might work to destroy the harmful bacteria living in the intestines, improving and maintaining the health of adults.
The result of his efforts was the formula of 10 bacteria strains and 20 billion colony forming units (CFUs). He founded Medical Care Innovations, and EndoMune Advanced Probiotic (EndoMune.com) for adults was introduced to the market in 2007. Two years later he developed a formula of 4 bacteria strains and 10 billion CFUs for children ages 8 and under. During the summer of 2013, EndoMune Advanced Junior became the first probiotic to be certified as Parent Tested Parent Approved, a North American Award. His latest supplement, EndoMune Metabolic Rescue, provides 2 billion CFUs of the beneficial Bifidobacterium lactis and 1200 mg of Xylooligosaccharides (XOS), a prebiotic shown to slow gastric emptying, and improve satiety and insulin sensitivity.
EndoMune Metabolic Rescue, 2018
EndoMune Advanced Junior Probiotic, 2009
EndoMune Advanced Probiotic, 2007
- 2016 Austin Gluten Free Food Allery Fest (April)
- 2015 Dallas Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expo (October)
- 2014 Texas Osteopathic Medical Association Conference
- 2014 Upgrade Your Health, Health & Happiness Empowerment Series (April)
- 2013 San Antonio Functional Medicine Group Conference
- 2013-2014 Regular Guest on Your Smile Matters with Dr. Ed Staffel
- 2012 Internal Conference and Exhibition on Probiotics
- “Abdominal Pain, Angioedema, and Angiotensin- converting Enzyme Inhibitors.” K.M. Goldstein, 1994
- “Same Day Peg Feeding, Is It Safe? Results of Randomized Prospective Study.” October 1993
- “Medication Induced Esophagitis: Diagnostic by Double- Contrast Esophagograph.” April 1987
- “A Point Source Outbreak of Chronic Diarrhea in Texas: No Known Exposure to Raw Milk.” JAMA, 1986
- “Colitis Associated with Oral Clindamycin Therapy: A Clinical Study of Sixteen Patients.” American Journal of Digestive Diseases, 1976
- “Serum Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Activity in Normal Children.” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 1975
- American College of Gastroenterology, Fellow
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Bexar County Medical Society
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Digestive Disease Society
- Texas Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- San Antonio Gut Club, President 1980-82
- Gastroenterological Diagnostic Unit of Southwest
- Texas Methodist Hospital, Director 1975-80, 1983-84, 1986-94
- Department of Medicine at Southwest Texas
- Methodist Hospital, Chairman 1980-82
- The University of Texas
Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Board certified in Gastroenterology
1972 – 1974
- Wilford Hall Medical Center
1970 – 1972
- Indiana University Medical Center
Internal Medicine Residency Program
1967 – 1968
- University of Nebraska
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Medicine
1963 – 1967
- University of Nebraska
Bachelor’s degree, Political Science and Government
1961 – 1963
Learn more about gut health and the intestinal microbiome
Stay up-to-date through research and articles about the latest trends and studies on Dr. Hoberman’s health blog.
Schedule a Speaking Engagement
A prolific writer and engaging public speaker, Dr. Hoberman will customize a presentation to meet your audience’s needs.
Dr. Hoberman draws from his four decades of training and experience to share insight and the latest research on digestive issues and metabolic support. Click to view Dr. Hoberman addressing the Functional Medical Group in San Antonio about the clinical benefits of probiotics.
- Probiotics and You: Facts About Gut Flora
- Probiotics and You: What are Probiotics and How Probiotics Work
- Probiotics and You: Intestinal Microbiome and our Health
- Probiotics and You: Fecal Microbial Transplants (FMT)
- How Probiotics Affect Health and Fitness
– Autoimmune Diseases
- How Probiotics Improve Digestive Health
– Irritable Bowel Syndrome
– Leaky Gut
- Probiotics and Metabolic Support
– Appetite and Satiety
- Additional topics are listed on Dr. Hoberman’s blog.
LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN
Invite Dr. Hoberman to Speak.
If you wish to have Dr. Hoberman speak at your special event, complete the form below or call 210-862-2138. Dr. Hoberman’s office will contact you within 24 hours.